Verify Eligibility for Employment (I-9)
To comply with U.S. law, Stanford must verify eligibility for employment for all new employees – within three days of hire – by collecting a Form I-9 and reviewing original documents that establish the employee's eligibility to work in the U.S.
Make an I-9 Appointment
You are responsible to schedule an in-person I-9 appointment to meet a representative in person to review and confirm your ability to work in the United States. Stanford makes it easy, with multiple locations on varying days of the week. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- At each location, there should be a sign (or information in your confirmation email) that instructs you to call a phone number when you arrive, as the buildings may require entry assistance.
Documentation to Bring to the Appointment
Employees must present original, current, and unexpired physical documents to verify employment eligibility. Photocopies and electronic copies are not acceptable. Expired ID’s are not acceptable. Acceptable documents are listed on page 3 of the federal government's Form I-9.
Schedule an Appointment
- Select a convenient location below to see all the dates and times available
- Select your date and time (15-minute time slot)
- Enter your information to complete the request
- A confirmation email will be sent with additional instructions