Verify Eligibility for Employment (I-9)
To comply with U.S. law, Stanford must verify eligibility for employment for all new employees – within three days of hire – by collecting a Form I-9 and reviewing original documents that establish the employee's eligibility to work in the U.S.
Make an I-9 Appointment
You are responsible to schedule an in-person I-9 appointment to meet a representative in person to review and confirm your ability to work in the United States. Stanford makes it easy, with multiple locations on varying days of the week. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- At each location, there should be a sign (or information in your confirmation email) that instructs you to call a phone number when you arrive, as the buildings require entry assistance.
Identification to bring with you
Employees must present original, current, and unexpired documents to verify employment eligibility. Photocopies and electronic copies are not acceptable. Expired ID’s are not acceptable. Acceptable documents are listed on page 3 of the federal government's Form I-9.
Two Mandatory Prerequisites before you come to an on-site location
Complete the following two requirements before coming to the appointment.
- Complete the COVID-19 Hygiene Best Practices STARS (EHS-2470) training course before your appointment.
* If you have not received the assignment email yet, log into Axess> STARS, search catalog for “EHS-2470”, launch and complete the online training.
* If you received the training assignment email from stars-notices, log into Axess > STARS, go to All Learning page to complete the training.
- Complete Stanford HealthCheck 1-2 hours before your appointment if not fully vaccinated with proof of upload. View HealthCheck FAQ
If you do not complete these two requirements, the I-9 representative cannot accept your documents at your scheduled time, and you must reschedule the appointment.
Schedule an Appointment
- Select a convenient location below to see all the dates and times available
- Select your date and time (15-minute time slot)
- Enter your information to complete the request
- A confirmation email will be sent with additional instructions